People for Education Online Community

Aliya Naveed's Comments

Comment Wall (6 comments)

You need to be a member of People for Education Online Community to add comments!

Join People for Education Online Community

At 4:24pm on December 6, 2010, Ed Lehming said…
Something I have observed over the past several years is that School Councils function better if: a) the school community actually knows the role of the school council and b) the school, community knows who's on the current council. Posting this information early in the year is the responsibility of the principal. if it is not happening, make sure you communicate it yourselves.
At 12:57pm on November 8, 2010, Gay Stephenson said…
I think you might be interested in this latest comment which relates to some of your discussions:

Just wanted to share!
At 9:34am on November 4, 2010, Gay Stephenson said…
I like your discussion topics too, and I'm excited to see what the responses will be!
At 8:39am on November 4, 2010, Sheila Stewart said…
Hi Aliya,
"Like" the discussion topics you posted! You are reading my mind on a lot of points! Will check by later!
At 12:04pm on October 25, 2010, Gay Stephenson said…
Hi Aliya, I think you asked me a question and I just want to make sure I have understood you correctly. Do you want to get more information about what studies you would need to undertake to move from the area of psychology, marketing to more of an education research role? If so, here are a few links: Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (or U of T) and York University may have some courses of interest. Georgian college also has an program for graduates (not just in education) but to train to become a research analyst. There may be others here in the online community who could give you more information. Hope these links give you someplace to start gathering a bit more info anyway... Thanks so much for your message! It is wonderful to hear how you became involved so soon and decided it was your goal not to feel like "a guest" in the school. Can you come to our conference? It's at York University. The cost for one day, including lunch is $60 and we childcare is free. Here's a link to more info about that:
Let me know if you have any questions about the conference. I hope you can come!
At 9:05pm on October 13, 2010, Gay Stephenson said…
Hi Aliya and welcome to this online community! It's a great place to share ideas, brainstorm, or ask questions. You'll find that many people are willing to share their thoughts and ideas. It's also wonderful to see you are involved at the school and that you found out about this space already, even though your kids are so young. It often takes parents some time to get to know how things work before joining the school council and such. How did you get interested in being involved so soon? It's terrific!
Gay (one of the moderators here and web person at People for Education)

Latest Activity

Cindy Spackman replied to Jamie Wayne de l'Eveille's discussion 'GECDSB's Math Task Force - Public Input Questionnaire'
"Hi, Jamie. Have you considered making this into a survey that's more easily answered online, by using Survey Monkey or Google Docs, or something like that? I think you'll get a higher response rate by doing that. Cindy "
Pranav Mehta is now a member of People for Education Online Community
Sheila Stewart replied to Jamie Wayne de l'Eveille's discussion 'Parent Involvement Committee's Composition and Bylaws'
"I am a bit unsure here :) I am not sure about the idea of falling under "two categories".  I think this helps boards that are (were) in transition.  It outlines what membership has to be in place…"
Jamie Wayne de l'Eveille posted a discussion

Parent Involvement Committee's Composition and Bylaws

O. Reg. 612/00 SCHOOL COUNCILS AND PARENT INVOLVEMENT COMMITTEESI'm not sure if other PIC's in the province have run into this situation.... that PIC's fall into two categories in regards to:Composition of Committees, TransitionOnes that originally existed which form their composition by their established bylaws under part 43. clause (b) and for those PIC's that came into existence after September 1, 2010 are have…See More
Jamie Wayne de l'Eveille updated their profile
Jacqui Strachan replied to Marina Papic's discussion 'The immigration experience through children’s eyes'
"There have been a bunch of timely tweets about this topic from @OntSpecialNeeds: Seven Keys to Protecting and Welcoming Refugees, from the Canadian Council for Refugees. The Impact and Effects of War on Children, from the Manitoba Ministry of…"
A discussion started by Jacqui Strachan was featured

Indigenous Education and the Truth and Reconciliation Commission

As we get ready to honour Justice Murray Sinclair with the 2015 Ryerson Award for Dedication to Public Education, I would like to hear from our community about what is being done in your schools to support indigenous education for all students.  Justice Sinclair said this about education and its role in reconciliation: "We are governed in our approach to reconciliation with this thought: the way that we have all been educated in this country— Aboriginal children in residential schools and…See More
A discussion started by Jamie Wayne de l'Eveille was featured

GECDSB's Math Task Force - Public Input Questionnaire

This is a draft copy of our board's Math Task Force Questionnaire.Please feel free to submit your thoughts.We are reaching out to others in the province to generate dialog to help with our goal of improving the way in which mathematics is learned and perceived by all stake holders.You can email your answers to me and I will pass them onto my Math Task Force  Questions for parents’ focus group interviewsPurpose- To build a knowledge  and…See More

© 2015   Created by People for Education.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service