People for Education Online Community

Two moderators in T-Bay!

That's the sleeping giant in the background, if you look past the cannon. :-)

Comment

You need to be a member of People for Education Online Community to add comments!

Join People for Education Online Community

Comment by Jacqui Strachan on November 20, 2012 at 11:34am
Sheila and I hanging out in beautiful Thunder Bay last week. So great to connect F2F!

Members

Latest Activity

Jacqui Strachan commented on Gay Stephenson's group 'People for Education Conference Meet Up!'
"We are hoping that there will be lots of social media action from the conference. Sheila spotted this gem on twitter - 5 Tips for Using Social Media during Conferences.  Number 2 is "get the hashtag right".  For the People for Ed…"
5 hours ago
Profile IconCarol Mak, Regina Sheere and Peter Skipper joined People for Education Online Community
yesterday
Sheila Stewart replied to Katrina Elchami's discussion 'Board PICs and Banking'
"If by the book/regulations can help with this.... 28. A parent involvement committee of a board shall (e) determine, in consultation with the board’s director of education and in keeping with the board’s policies, how funding, if any,…"
yesterday
Jacqui Strachan replied to Katrina Elchami's discussion 'Board PICs and Banking'
"Hi Katrina, I heard back from a few PICs when you asked about this earlier. The five PICs that responded indicated that their position is the same as yours, ie. they do not have their own accounts. I think this is probably the case across the…"
Monday
N Sands replied to Katrina Elchami's discussion 'Board PICs and Banking'
"School councils may have their own bank accounts for funds obtained by them through fund-raising. Council funds and expenditures must be reported annually through the PSAB. PIC's work differently because the funds they work with come from the…"
Saturday
Sheila Stewart replied to Sheila Stewart's discussion 'Student Engagement: What does it look like?'
"Good questions to ponder, Susan.  Made me wonder... how does "hope" (or not having hopefulness) impact engagement? I saw this blog post shared a lot on other social media platforms... lots of comments too.  High school level…"
Friday
Katrina Elchami posted a discussion

Board PICs and Banking

I understand that most school level councils have their own bank accounts. Our Board Level Parent Involvment Committee is not in charge of their own finances and have to go to the Director for every expenditure.   I am wondering if other Board level Parent Involvement Committee's have their own bank accounts or is their monies being controlled by the Director/Board.  See More
Friday
Trixie Doyle replied to Bill MacPherson's discussion 'Effective communication between trustees and their constituents'
"Excellent point Mike!  I often feel like the parent/community 'consultations' come after decisions have been made.  These aren't really consultations or attempts to work with the parents/community, they're just…"
Oct 15
Jacqui Strachan posted a status
"People for Ed's new parent involvement video is a hit! Check it out: http://j.mp/1wBiIfD"
Oct 14
Cassandra Avis posted a discussion

Recess: Does concentrated 90 minute teaching sessions help or hinder

http://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2014/06/how-finland-keeps-kids-focused/373544/?single_page=trueI found this great article on what schools in Finland do to help kids focus on school and I thought it was brilliant.   They give 15 minute breaks every 45 minutes.  These breaks are "free time" not teacher lead and from the experience of a US teacher much more…See More
Oct 14
Jacqui Strachan commented on Gay Stephenson's group 'People for Education Conference Meet Up!'
"Looking forward to seeing you both!"
Oct 14
Profile IconAlec Ross and Darlene St Louis joined People for Education Online Community
Oct 13

© 2014   Created by People for Education.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service