People for Education Online Community

Two moderators in T-Bay!

That's the sleeping giant in the background, if you look past the cannon. :-)

Views: 71

Comment

You need to be a member of People for Education Online Community to add comments!

Join People for Education Online Community

Comment by Jacqui Strachan on November 20, 2012 at 11:34am
Sheila and I hanging out in beautiful Thunder Bay last week. So great to connect F2F!

Translate

Members

Latest Activity

Marina Papic posted a discussion

TDSB says more students are graduating high school

" (TDSB) graduation rate has hit an all-time high of 85 per cent this year. The 85 per cent graduation rate...marks a one per cent increase over last year and an overall increase of 16 per cent since 2000, when the board first started tracking rates."Here is the link for full article:…See More
yesterday
Paul Hough replied to Annie Kidder's discussion 'Are We Measuring What Matters in Education?'
"This is an interesting concept. I have long felt that EQAO doesn't really offer much outside a spot in time meansurement of how kids take tests in Language and Math. For me, I wonder how "what counts" might be measured? "
yesterday
Stan Taylor replied to Stan Taylor's discussion 'Math Instruction: Semesters vs. All Year Long'
"Thanks for your input.  I assume Semester System is used by your local Board; correct?  Please identify which Board you are familiar with."
Thursday
Ann J Thompson replied to Annie Kidder's discussion 'Champions of standardized testing change their tunes - what's your view?'
"I changed camps only recently when I tutored two Grade 3 children for the EQAO assessment, using past tests. I wrongly assumed that "standardized tests" were what they used to be... In Math, children are required to "explain their…"
Thursday
Marina Papic replied to Stan Taylor's discussion 'Math Instruction: Semesters vs. All Year Long'
"Hello, I definitely agree and not just regarding math, but for any type of learning if it is too segmented, then the learning process is definitely interrupted. That being said, having math and other classes all year long is more beneficial as…"
Thursday
Marina Papic posted a discussion

When Ms. Straughan became Mr. Straughan: How a transgender teacher learned to be himself

"He is one of a few transgender teachers to come into the classroom, and in doing so has challenged young developing minds – and a few adults – about gender labels and inclusiveness...It has not been an easy lesson to teach. The strain reached a tipping point over the winter, and Mr. Straughan had to take a week off work to cope with stress and anxiety before returning to his classroom.Here is a link for the full article:…See More
Thursday
Marina Papic left a comment for Paul Hough
"Hello Paul, Welcome to our online discussion group! We are very happy to have you join us from Peterborough and share your thoughts and experiences. Feel free to see many of the ongoing postings we have as well as create a posting of your own."
Thursday
Marina Papic left a comment for Cindy Gizuk
"Hello Cindy, Welcome to our discussion group! We are excited to have you join us and share your many experience and definitely a word of wisdom about mental health. There are many ongoing discussions which you can join or create a new posting with…"
Thursday

© 2016   Created by People for Education.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service