People for Education Online Community

Two moderators in T-Bay!

That's the sleeping giant in the background, if you look past the cannon. :-)

Comment

You need to be a member of People for Education Online Community to add comments!

Join People for Education Online Community

Comment by Jacqui Strachan on November 20, 2012 at 11:34am
Sheila and I hanging out in beautiful Thunder Bay last week. So great to connect F2F!

Members

Latest Activity

Jacqui Strachan replied to Shelley Stacey's discussion 'All day Kindergarten - Funding'
"I just posted a tweet about this topic, and two boards, York and Peel, responded that they provide a teacher and an ECE in every kindergarten classroom, so it sounds like the policy may vary between boards."
8 hours ago
Jacqui Strachan replied to Shelley Stacey's discussion 'All day Kindergarten - Funding'
"I know that there has been concern among parents about class sizes in the JK/SK grades, but this is the first I have heard of configuring classes this way.  I hope others will share here if they have had the same experience."
10 hours ago
Janet McCarrol replied to Shelley Stacey's discussion 'All day Kindergarten - Funding'
"As with most things, I think people were expecting an ideal. "
Aug 11
Shelley Stacey posted a discussion

All day Kindergarten - Funding

Just wondering everyone's thoughts on what I believe is the dirty little secret to all day kindergarten.  After looking in every area possible there is no place that states that not all classes will have both an ECE and Teacher.  In fact many classrooms are packed with 30 students while the next room has 14 to avoid paying the additional ECE. How is this equity for all students.From the Ministry website it statesTeachers and early childhood educators (ECEs) are working together to help young…See More
Aug 11
Wendy Ross replied to Jacqui Strachan's discussion 'What's on your summer reading list?'
"Reading has always been my first love, especially fiction. Leave alone summer, every season is reading season for me! My bucket list for this year includes the following, some of which I have already read. Here goes: 1. The Giving Tree (By Shel…"
Aug 11
Wendy Ross liked Jacqui Strachan's discussion What's on your summer reading list?
Aug 11
Wendy Ross liked Jacqui Strachan's discussion You Gotta Watch/Listen to this...
Aug 11
Janet McCarrol commented on Sam's video
Thumbnail

Social and Emotional Fitness for Children and Youth - Part One

"I find it odd that we needed ¨scientific¨ proof as to the correlation between  social and emotional fitness and success in school.  Isn't it obvious?   "
Aug 6
Sam posted a video

Social and Emotional Fitness for Children and Youth - Part One

We know that physical fitness is important. But scientific research now shows that children that have social and emotional fitness do better in school and li...
Aug 4
Ava Coulson is now a member of People for Education Online Community
Aug 4
Harry Sutton posted a status
"Parent blocked from Brant County School Boards Twitter Account over Scotland Ont.School Closure Board appears to prefer parents don't talk"
Jul 31
Harry Sutton posted a status
"St.Anthony Daniel School Scotland closure tax payers 1 Mil $ children walk to PU point in below zero temperatures wait and take a 75min ride"
Jul 31

© 2014   Created by People for Education.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service