People for Education Online Community

Two moderators in T-Bay!

That's the sleeping giant in the background, if you look past the cannon. :-)

Comment

You need to be a member of People for Education Online Community to add comments!

Join People for Education Online Community

Comment by Jacqui Strachan on November 20, 2012 at 11:34am
Sheila and I hanging out in beautiful Thunder Bay last week. So great to connect F2F!

Members

Latest Activity

Cheryl Hines replied to Shelley Stacey's discussion 'All day Kindergarten - Funding'
"The ECE"s must get the respect they deserve and their needs to be one in every class.  I am very concerned with the potential for JK/SK children to start being pre-identified and labelled  with potential problems at this age.  If…"
3 hours ago
Harry Sutton posted a status
"Parent Announces Candidacy Harry Sutton will seek Trustee in Brant County "We need a strong voice and we need to put Children first"
9 hours ago
Janet McCarrol replied to Jacqui Strachan's discussion 'Summer Learning Loss - What do you think?'
"Unfortunately, even the schools are pushing more and more computer and device use as school so "screen time" is likely 10 fold if students go home to an entirely "connected" experience too. Sadly,  I think this shift is to…"
12 hours ago
June Dassow is now a member of People for Education Online Community
13 hours ago
Sheila Stewart left a comment for Tania Cameron
16 hours ago
maureen harrison replied to Jacqui Strachan's discussion 'Summer Learning Loss - What do you think?'
"While there are a few token schools in the Toronto area experimenting with the balanced year, and when teaching always thought it would be interesting to try (less burnout for teachers as well),  I believe that as long as money, business and…"
yesterday
Sunil Singh replied to Frank Loreto's discussion 'Getting rid of EQAO'
"My son is entering Grade 3 this year.  He will not be writing that disingenuous test. EQAO has had ZERO interest in math and students since its inception.  It does an amazing job at being a metric for watered down mathematics from the…"
yesterday
Janet McCarrol replied to Jacqui Strachan's discussion 'Summer Learning Loss - What do you think?'
"I agree with your account of the summer slide Wendy. I see it in many of our returning students. I can usually pick out the kids who spent virtually all of their time on a computer and/or in front of the television.  Try as teachers may, it can…"
Aug 26
Wendy Ross replied to Jacqui Strachan's discussion 'Summer Learning Loss - What do you think?'
"Being a mother who is a teacher as well, I have definitely been quite concerned about this phenomenon known as a 'summer slide' in kids. Even before I had kids of my own, I used to observe the primary school kids whom I taught come back…"
Aug 26
Wendy Ross liked Jacqui Strachan's discussion Summer Learning Loss - What do you think?
Aug 26
Annie Kidder left a comment for Trudy Richards
"Hi Trudy Welcome to this community. I hope you find lots of people to talk to and lots of information. Next week, it will all start revving up again as kids head back to school. I'm the Executive Director of People for Education and I'm…"
Aug 25
Trudy Richards is now a member of People for Education Online Community
Aug 23

© 2014   Created by People for Education.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service