People for Education Online Community

Two moderators in T-Bay!

That's the sleeping giant in the background, if you look past the cannon. :-)

Views: 77

Comment

You need to be a member of People for Education Online Community to add comments!

Join People for Education Online Community

Comment by Jacqui Strachan on November 20, 2012 at 11:34am
Sheila and I hanging out in beautiful Thunder Bay last week. So great to connect F2F!

Translate

Members

Latest Activity

Marina Papic posted a discussion

Thank you for your input and ideas

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank all the participants for continuing to contribute, and encourage you to follow us on twitter (our twitter handle is @peoplefored) and facebook.It has been a pure pleasure being one of the monitors and sharing experiences and ideas with other professionals.Once again, thank you very much for your dedication and we look forward to hearing from you in the near future.See More
Sep 20
Cindy Spackman replied to Gail Copeland's discussion 'Split Classes in Elementary School — How Well Do They Work?'
"Couldn't agree more . . . maybe I could. The revolution will occur when enough people pull their kids out of school (the home schooling movement) and the education system is losing $$$ because of it. Or it might occur if teachers' unions…"
Sep 5
maureen harrison replied to Gail Copeland's discussion 'Split Classes in Elementary School — How Well Do They Work?'
"The argument against the grade system has been going on for decades, it is nothing new. It is right philosophically speaking. However, until there is a complete revolution in the way education takes place, it will not change. As long as $$$ are…"
Sep 4
Cindy Spackman replied to Gail Copeland's discussion 'Split Classes in Elementary School — How Well Do They Work?'
"And that doesn't happen now? ;-) "
Sep 4
Profile IconBethany McKishnie, Thorton Timms and Stephanie Martin joined People for Education Online Community
Aug 31
Thorton Timms replied to Gail Copeland's discussion 'Split Classes in Elementary School — How Well Do They Work?'
"I think it is important to note that the original comment didn't claim to "prove" that students are not hindered.  In fact, the original post said:The limited research that has been done on split grades has shown very little…"
Aug 30
susan schuurman replied to Ann J Thompson's discussion 'No more Reading, Writing, OR Arithmetic?'
"For more than a decade now, I've been working on a set of manipulative math materials for early grades, and am finally in the process of applying for a patent. (In my own un-humble opinion it's one step better than Cuisenaire Rods - which…"
Aug 30
Marina Papic posted a discussion

TDSB to Report School-by-School List of Needed Repairs

"Parents now have access to a wealth of data on the condition of public schools as the Toronto District School Board (TDSB) becomes, what is thought to be, the first school board in Ontario to post lists of repairs on a school-by-school basis. The TDSB is also publishing each school’s Facility Condition Index, a rating of school building conditions. The data for the board’s 588 active schools are taken from the Ministry of Education’s Renewal Needs Backlog. Not one of the repairs listed…See More
Aug 29

© 2016   Created by People for Education.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service