People for Education Online Community

Two moderators in T-Bay!

That's the sleeping giant in the background, if you look past the cannon. :-)

Views: 52

Comment

You need to be a member of People for Education Online Community to add comments!

Join People for Education Online Community

Comment by Jacqui Strachan on November 20, 2012 at 11:34am
Sheila and I hanging out in beautiful Thunder Bay last week. So great to connect F2F!

Translate

Members

Latest Activity

maureen harrison replied to Gail Copeland's discussion 'Split Classes in Elementary School — How Well Do They Work?'
"In a perfect world where all is wonderful, support is aplenty and money flowing, perhaps - not in the real world of teaching - two curriculum, differentiated learning for an increased number of levels, (already a challenge enough without a double or…"
7 hours ago
peter mare replied to Annie Kidder's discussion 'Special education - is it working?'
15 hours ago
peter mare replied to Gail Copeland's discussion 'Split Classes in Elementary School — How Well Do They Work?'
"It is a mess no matter what principals tell you! Most dual track schools (French immersion schools) have lots of split grades, due to demographics and size of schools. It is quite possible for a kid to be in a split grade all his or her life as an…"
16 hours ago
peter mare replied to Annie Kidder's discussion 'Special education - is it working?'
"Is it your child who is disabled or is it English? Clearly, all the facts indicate that the English spelling system is deeply flawed. Did you know that it will be extremely tedious and hard for kids to learn to decode or read 1/3 of 7000 common…"
16 hours ago
peter mare replied to peter mare's discussion 'Literacy and the English spelling system'
"A little follow up on this discussion. Yes, as Susan pointed, language is the tool we use to communicate, to teach, to learn. Clearly, all the facts indicate that the English spelling system is deeply flawed. Where are the leaders who often shout…"
16 hours ago
lynne murtha replied to Annie Kidder's discussion 'Applied and academic - are we streaming kids in high school?'
"More important than the accolades(not saying they weren't deserved!) is the unanswered question HOW was English not a subject in gr 9? What's sad is that was 10 yrs ago-think of what it is like now? In a world of high tech…"
17 hours ago
Denise replied to Jacqui Strachan's discussion 'Cancellation of 2015 EQAO tests'
"Thanks for that. It helps a lot. My school wasn't forthcoming with information and I always found it a struggle dealing with them, even though as a journalist I'm used to asking questions and doing research. We eventually had to move her…"
17 hours ago
Ann J Thompson replied to Annie Kidder's discussion 'Applied and academic - are we streaming kids in high school?'
"How can it be, Savino, that our Ministry "can't afford" EQAO, when it CAN find funding for running the International Baccalaureate Program for "the brightest and best"?  This policy (probably driven by the ABC parents -…"
18 hours ago

© 2015   Created by People for Education.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service