People for Education Online Community

Two moderators in T-Bay!

That's the sleeping giant in the background, if you look past the cannon. :-)

Views: 52

Comment

You need to be a member of People for Education Online Community to add comments!

Join People for Education Online Community

Comment by Jacqui Strachan on November 20, 2012 at 11:34am
Sheila and I hanging out in beautiful Thunder Bay last week. So great to connect F2F!

Translate

Members

Latest Activity

Janet McCarrol replied to Shelley Stacey's discussion 'fundraising $ for teacher lunchess?'
"And to think the Catholic School Board is considering reducing the overall number of secretaries by having them cover more than one school in order to save money.  "
Saturday
susan schuurman replied to Shelley Stacey's discussion 'fundraising $ for teacher lunchess?'
"Years ago something like this came up.  The suggestion was a lunch for the secretary I believe it was.  This is one of the most important and undervalued person in a school.  Ours can't be replaced.  Everytime I've gone…"
Friday
Shelley Stacey posted a discussion

fundraising $ for teacher lunchess?

This came up at our school council meeting last night.A member wanted to  use fundraising $ for staff lunches or to purchase flowers etc. for staff.  I said that the dollars need to go to students achievement ./ parent engagement - and that staff gifts etc wasn't allowed.They said other schools do it - so what are we allowed to do.ThanksSee More
Thursday
Tahira Yousaf is now a member of People for Education Online Community
Thursday
Profile Iconcini and Lynne Jefferson joined People for Education Online Community
Apr 21
Andrew Piekarski posted a discussion

Schools on Aboriginal realities: it's all about teachers' attitudes

As some of us ponder on how to improve the Ontario history curriculum to better reflect Canada's aboriginal inheritance, it's worth taking a look at the experience of other provinces.  Changing the curriculum is one thing.  Getting teachers to teach it is quite another.The provincial government of Saskatchewan has revised its educational programs to better reflect the early history of the plains. In the previous narrative the “foundational” story of Canada was focused on the resilience and…See More
Apr 18
lynne murtha replied to Annie Kidder's discussion 'Applied and academic - are we streaming kids in high school?'
"As a Mom of 3 boys(2 at high school level) I have seen several examples of the applied stream being where boys are put.My middle son is in gr 8 and when he brought home the papers discussing how to choose between applied and academic English the…"
Apr 17
lynne murtha is now a member of People for Education Online Community
Apr 17

© 2015   Created by People for Education.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service