People for Education Online Community

Two moderators in T-Bay!

That's the sleeping giant in the background, if you look past the cannon. :-)

Comment

You need to be a member of People for Education Online Community to add comments!

Join People for Education Online Community

Comment by Jacqui Strachan on November 20, 2012 at 11:34am
Sheila and I hanging out in beautiful Thunder Bay last week. So great to connect F2F!

Members

Latest Activity

Jacqui Strachan replied to Trixie Doyle's discussion 'EQAO - teaching to the test already?'
"There is a great article in the New Yorker about standardized testing and the impact of pressure to increase test scores: http://ow.ly/zrLHU"
19 hours ago
Jacqui Strachan posted a status
"There is a great article in the New Yorker about standardized testing and the impact of pressure to increase test scores: http://ow.ly/zrLHU"
19 hours ago
Maha Al posted a discussion

SRL

“Child-centered classrooms encouraged peer interaction and gave children choices about a diverse set of activities and materials thatwere meaningful to students. In contrast, teacher-directed classrooms focused on basic skills that were not embedded in meaningful activities and were controlled by the teachers” ( Paris & Paris, 2001, p. 94).How can teachers create a child-centered classroom that promotes and necessitates Self-Regulated Learning? What are the competencies needed for teachers…See More
yesterday
Maha Al posted a status
"I'm looking forward to sharing & learning."
Sunday
Maha Al joined People for Education's group
Thumbnail

21st Century Schools @ the Centre

Help us to design a broader vision for education in the 21st century!
Saturday
Maha Al updated their profile
Saturday
Maha Al liked Jacqui Strachan's discussion Summer Learning Loss - What do you think?
Saturday
Maha Al liked Sam's blog post Measures of Achievement
Jul 17
Jacqui Strachan replied to Gail Copeland's discussion 'Split Classes in Elementary School — How Well Do They Work?'
"I just found a blog by Chris Wejr (a principal) talking about split grades. It includes some research highlights and a further list of resources and research on split grades at the end."
Jul 14
Maha Al is now a member of People for Education Online Community
Jul 10
Janet McCarrol replied to Jacqui Strachan's discussion 'Summer Learning Loss - What do you think?'
"From my understanding, the Balanced School year has only 30 days in summer off - while the traditional year has 60.  I don't teach in an balanced year school so I must admit, I know only what I hear. Professionally, I think it makes sense…"
Jul 9
Jamie Ker updated their profile
Jul 9

© 2014   Created by People for Education.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service