People for Education Online Community

Two moderators in T-Bay!

That's the sleeping giant in the background, if you look past the cannon. :-)

Views: 58

Comment

You need to be a member of People for Education Online Community to add comments!

Join People for Education Online Community

Comment by Jacqui Strachan on November 20, 2012 at 11:34am
Sheila and I hanging out in beautiful Thunder Bay last week. So great to connect F2F!

Translate

Members

Latest Activity

Christina is now a member of People for Education Online Community
Aug 14
Kristi McCracken is now a member of People for Education Online Community
Aug 12
susan schuurman replied to Annie Kidder's discussion 'Labour issues in Ontario's publicly funded education system'
"Contract work isn't stable and is very, very hard on the family because your bills are fixed.  Also, how long is the contract? It seems that renewing of contracts can bring a lot of headaches with it. Depending on the contract, I wonder…"
Aug 8
susan schuurman replied to Annie Kidder's discussion 'Labour issues in Ontario's publicly funded education system'
"I am not so sure anymore about the community kumbaya thing.  I wonder how much volunteering has had an impact on job loss.  I wonder if too much has come down to the local level. My suspicions are that it does have an impact at the local…"
Aug 8
Shelley Stacey replied to Annie Kidder's discussion 'Labour issues in Ontario's publicly funded education system'
"No likely not I view it as a way to improve their citizenship - by understanding that as a community we need to do things that help others.  It is so opposite of unpaid internships which is a huge problem for young adults straight out of…"
Aug 7
"It's a good point when you put it that way. It is very little.Yet at this time, with unpaid internships and volunteer work expected, I am not so sure it's the right thing to do. I'm wondering what kind of message we're sending.…"
Aug 7
Shelley Stacey replied to Annie Kidder's discussion 'Labour issues in Ontario's publicly funded education system'
"It literally works out to 10 hours per year...which is basically nothing.  I would personally prefer if is was 40 hours per year. "
Aug 7
"I think at times there's a very fine line between the two. I Keep in mind they're heading into high school with on-going tests, thinking about working part-time, a literacy test and getting decent grades for post-secondary. I'm not…"
Aug 7

© 2015   Created by People for Education.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service